IT TOOK SIX DAYS trying figure out how to sync the wireless triggers with my camera and flash.
After countless channel switching (so that the triggers are on the same frequency), recharging, Googling photography forums, altering camera settings, I finally sorted it.
I was using rechargeable 1.2v AAA batteries which I assumed were fine, but I swapped them for standard 1.5v. Even though the lights on the triggers were flashing (which means they’re on), there was not enough power to actually set off the flash. The 1.5v batteries did the trick!
After making the snoot, the next step was to slide triggers onto the hot shoe of my camera and flash, and attach a flash stand so that it wouldn’t fall over…
Now for the main setup…
It doesn’t look like much, but that’s basically all there is to it. I might add some more black paper to make a larger background (more coverage), but we’ll see how things go first.
Unfortunately I couldn’t remember where I put the incense sticks so couldn’t carry on with the shoot! I’ll have to carry on with it another week.